Friday, July 8, 2011

A.M. in Los Angeles with Scot Sothern



Awhile back ago I was looking through some images on American Suburb X and ran into a collection of Photographs done of street prostitutes by a photographer named Scot Sothern. The images were so amazing and the literary vignettes that accopanied the images kept me glued to the screen. I kept reading them over and over again and found myself being influenced by his work. We linked up through facebook months later and I showed Scot some of my work that I do in the streets. Scot asked me if I were ever interested in being part of a project he is working on where we would drive from about 12 midnight to 4 in the morning hitting various neighborhoods and take pictures of people. I jumped at the chance!!! Scot walks with a cane so how we work is I drive and he sits in my passenger seat of my truck and we get to work. The experience is amazing, surreal and its gives you a crazy adrenaline rush. Months back I was looking at Scots pictures and now he is my truck and we are cruising South Central looking for models. I hope we get to do more work. ABOVE IMAGES BY SCOT SOTHERN.

No comments:

Post a Comment